via starwars.com
I actually prefer the rougher sketch shown 1st above (The ugnaught work by Michael Fleming I added in as also very cool) to the final piece of work by Amy Beth Christenson
Asked why she painted it:
This is my favorite Star Wars scene for several reasons. First of all, because of the memorable quote..."I love you... I know." That is one of the single greatest romantic exchanges in all of cinema, in my book. But also, I love it because of the overall tension. It's about the only time in any Star Wars movie that so many big players are in one location at the same time, but without any major confrontation going on. It was a good opportunity to have one image with Boba, Vader, Han, Leia, Chewie, and C-3PO all present. And finally, I love the set design and lighting. It's a bit of a departure from the other locations in Star Wars, and it creates a really striking mood.
0 comments:
Post a Comment